Friday, July 3, 2009

Driftwood Brewery White Bark Wheat Ale


I love a good wheat ale, nothing says summer like a delicious light beer in the sun. My former "go to" local craft beer was Phillips Raspberry Wheat Ale, but this recent Canada day found me in the local beer store without my Raspberry Wheat Ale to be found. I decided to go for another local beer. Driftwood Brewery White Bark Wheat Ale is a "traditional Belgian-style wheat ale is brewed with the addition of freshly ground coriander and curacao orange peel. Hops are outshone by the wonderful floral aromas that dominate the nose of this dry and quaffable beer" (from their site). I love the subtly of this beer, with the hints of citrus that basically scream out summertime. A light beer like this won't win over everyone, and its not even the best I have ever had, but it is a refreshing drink that just begs to be picked up on a warm summer day outdoors.

1 comment:

Toni said...

We were recently in Victoria for vacation and I tried this beer. Loved it! Am now trying to find out how to get it here in Minnesota. :)

Toni

Followers