Thursday, March 19, 2009

Cursive "From the Hips" on David Letterman


I have never been a huge fan of Cursive, but this performance on Letterman blows the roof off. "From the Hips" is from Cursive's new album Mama, I'm Swollen and is one of the best tracks off the record. Although I have never really gotten into Cursive in the past this album is very strong and has got me to take another look at the 7 or so other albums from this Saddle Creek band. I would say that other then "From the Hips", "I Couldn't Love Your Anymore", "Donkeys", "Caveman", "We're Going to Hell", "Mamma I'm Swollen" and "What Have I Done" are some of the better track. Mixing reflective lyrics about religions and existence with a nice composition melding soft and hard in a way that outlines the typical emo formula makes Mama, I'm Swollen an undaring yet enjoyable album.

No comments:

Followers