Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Want: La Pavoni Profession Lusso Wooden Espresso Machine


I have wanted a home espresso machine for a while but have hummed and hawed whether an automatic home machine or a more manual machine would be best, and more importantly if my diminutive counter space could handle another appliance. The advantage of an automatic machine is the obvious: its automatic, basically you can just press a button and presto! you get your coffee ready to go. But if you factor in the cost of the machine it doesn't really justify the purchase when there is 5 coffee shops, literally a stones throw from my house. What is more tempting, is something that is cooler, cheaper and more fun to operate... and better tasting, I guess. That is why I want a La Pavoni machine. I'm not going to lie, I first saw and fell in love with this machine while watching the Hugh Grant movie "About A Boy" and over Christmas upon re-watching, fell back in love. La Pavoni, is an Italian company that has been in the espresso business for over a hundred years and this classic machine has been around for around forty. The Professional series as well Europiccola models were introduced in the late 60's/early 70's and have since become synonymous with the brand. These machines are fantastic, classic and are known for their traditional manual pull down handle. They carry several similar models and I would be happy with any of them. Nothing beats classic Italian design, and just like Colnago, this is some Italian steel that I would love to have in my hands.

1 comment:

Mintrukpeace said...

Now, I searching for the best information for Espresso machine~~*

and your Blog are very interesting too

i hope you to don't angry me to post this post for backlink

Please comeback to visit my blog too : Espresso machine

I'm sorry , If you think this is spam. but may i thank you again.

Followers