Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Want: Chester Wallace Canvas Tote Bag

I have been looking for a new bag that I am able to use for work. Something that is big enough to carry whatever I need while still looking decent, but also something I can use when I bike. My shoulder bag right now is a bit too big to be comfortable on the bike, but my only other option is a back pack which looks ridiculous off the bike. I want something that is functional while still looking food. The thought of wearing a Chrome messenger bag or anything like that into an office is as bad as a back pack, but my other bags just don't work that well on a bike. It seems that this messenger bag/tote by Chester Wallace might be the perfect solution. It doubles as a tote bag and a messenger style so it should work on the bike, but also maintain some versatile options for bike free exploits. An added bonus is that the bag can adequately hold 1 or 2 six packs; for days I want to drink at work. It will be available exclusively at Project No. 8 when their online store opens, for $95US.

5 comments:

Veronicahhh said...

reminds me of mcdonalds to-go bags...

John said...

yeah I know what you mean, I would hope that the red is a little less orange, so to not be reminiscent of Ronald McDonald

Veronicahhh said...

haha, good call.

eightyfoureightyfive said...

damn, McDonald's was definitely my first thought too. and easy on the backpack hate, they're infinitely more functional on a bike than a messenger. an all-black NorthFace or Jansport (maybe with some canvas detailing) is mad stylish. granted, my last few purchases have been a softshell, tubesocks, and waffle undergarments, so maybe my move towards functionality has left me a tad biased..

John said...

functionality has left me biased too. I like the idea of being able to carry 2X6packs.
I know what you mean about bikes though, if I could find a vintage backpack that was leather/canvas that would be ideal - or I cold get some dutch bars and a rack up front

Followers