Thursday, January 8, 2009

Thom Browne/ Converse

These are ridiculous. I like Thom Browne and I like Converse and I like the collaboration. For Converse' 100 year anniversary they commisioned the likes of Thom Browne, Libertine and Mastermind to do their own interpretation of Con's. The Brown version highlighted below look kind of neat, a reinterpretation of the Jack Purcell. What makes these bad boys ridiculous is not the impressive use of Browne's signature red, white and blue to make a fly looking shoe; what is absolutely ridiculous is the price tag. This collabo is for sale at Colette for € 1415, which swings over to about $2,200Can. Limited edition, unique collectors item, blah blah blah... in the words of Chris Rock, you gotta be on the pipe to justify that price for suped up version of some $65 shoes,

1 comment:

84/85 said...

Thom Browne - yes
Converse - yes
choosing the Purcell as the colaboration shoe - no

the reason I love the Varvatos Chucks were because they were still Chucks.. I don't think I'll ever be able to look at a Purcell toe cap and think it's good, Browne or no Browne

Followers