Sunday, January 11, 2009

PGO Hemera and Speedster 2

I'm not much of a car guy, but I appreciate good design and have a love of vintage European sports cars; especially Porsche's. I have always wanted an old Porsche, I remember as a kid, my dad, brother and I were down at a car dealership. My dad was looking for a new car, but I was instantly drawn to a 1956 Porsche Speedster that was on the lot. The sticker price was significantly lower then the lame Ford Focus that he ended getting, but I guess it wasn't practical enough for the family, geesh. Although this PGO Hemera and PGO Speedster 2 aren't quite as cool as the real deal, the borrow their design influence from the Porsche 356. PGO is a French company that makes handmade, small production runs of these babies. The Hemera is the newest model, set to debut next year. It features a 2.0L Peugeot motor and a 5 speed manual gearbox. I found these while looking up vintage Porsche's, after reading a post on Tod's Driving Moccasins over at 84/85. It's pretty cool these take the vintage stylings of the original Porsche models and add a modern twist to produce something both classic and new; something we see in the fashion world all the time. Although the PGO doesn't seem to stack up with a real Porsche, it definitely looks more appealing then a lot of the kit cars that are out there.
The Hemera


and the Speedster 2



The real deal

No comments:

Followers