Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Winter Outfit

Since I cannot get over how cold it has been in Victoria recently I decided to post a winter outfit. Something I wish I had, especially waiting for the bus outside for 20 minutes on the way to school. Alot of this stuff are things I probably wouldnt wear unless it was below freezing, but considering I wore two hoodies, two pairs of socks, jeans, my toggle jacket and old hightops to school today definitely tells me I don't have nearly the right stuff for this kind of weather.
Start off with a hat. This toque from Seattle based company Coal will work. available at Blackbird.

This Branson jacket from Moncler can handle the cold. Although in regular condictions Moncler can come off "bro-ish", if the weather conditions call for it - its what you should be wearing.

This cardigan just looks right for the snow. Pattern knitted cardigan from Arne & Carlos. Fantastic knitted alpaca / wool cardigan from Norwegian design duo Arne & Carlos. The design has a clear connection to traditional Norwegian handy crafts and is knitted in Peru under fair conditions. Here a pattern knitted heavy cardigan with a shawl collar. Available at Tres Bien.

I never wear turtlenecks, but with the cold weather exceptions are made. If necessary a utiliterean turtle neck like this Fisherman Rollneck would do the job. From S.N.S. Herning, avalailable at Tres Bien.

Red Buffalo Check flannel shirt from Old Navy, nothing too special just a soft warm shirt that would keep me warm, and ad a little bit of lumberjack into the outfit.

I replace the Yigal Azrouel pants with some that work better. These Opening Ceremony slacks are part of a suit but also can be purchased separately. These Outdoor Flannel Suit Pants feature Flat front four-pocket trouser. Two single-welt angled pockets with zipper closure on front. Back pockets with zipper and button closure. Unlined with finished hem. 80% wool, 20% cashmere, 100% cotton lining. Made in the U.S.A. These would be cozy in the snow while still looking refined. Available at Blackbird.

Leather shoe from Siv Stoldal. Siv is very much about the work wear tradition from Norway and this shoe is made in a collaboration with classic quality shoe brand "Dale Sko", experts on shoes for the working man. Leather upper and rubber sole. Closed with a zipper on the inside. I was looking at these guys when I was shopping for some decent boots and a couple things bothered me. I didnt really like the leather treatment it looks a little synthetic, and I wasn't a huge fan of the white soles. For the snow and salt and slush though I think a leather boot such as this would work great, and the white soles would be lost in the snow.

Available at Tres Bien Shop

No comments:

Followers