Thursday, December 11, 2008

Jeans? hmmm...

Im pretty sure that I will be selling my Nudie Jeans Thin Finn Dry Organic Ecru Embo jeans in the near future cause they arent fitting like I would like. The question arises which denim should replace them. I think I have kinda moved on past Nudies, although I still really like the Thin Finn fit as well as a couple other Nudie fits but I am finding them so common in Victoria that they are getting a bit played out. I think I will be investing in a new pair of raw denim and am lookinging a few option of denim that appeals to me.
First is a pair of jeans from Blackbird in Seattle, these arent raw and are more an honourable mention as I already have some black coated jeans but since Blackbird always stays on top I though I should promote their first pair designed and made exclusively for the store... they are available here.

These are Joey Overdrive from April 77 which is a french label, like APC but a bit more punk rock. They are a solid choice for raw denim in a cut I like, they are very simple jeans with tonal stitching and couple exposed rivets on the front and back pockets. Pretty nice, a bit unique and cheaper then others at $145US available at Blackbird, here.

.
A.P.C. New Cure Jeans, not exactly unique pretty popular, but pretty simple. They are great raw denim at a decent cut. I have seen New Cure's look really good and really bad. I think the key is getting the right size, they are vanity sized so usually its necessary to drop a few sizes to get em right. These are probably the most likely option because they are available in town, and buying jeans online is usually not worth the risk.

2 comments:

ryan said...

I've personally never been a big fan of Nudie although I know their fans tend to love them due to a good fit. They don't fit me too well however and I've never liked the branding.

I also feel like APC is a necessary denim to have in the wardrobe. I have a couple and I love them.

John said...

yeah, I first got into nudies maybe three or four years ago. At that time they were very uncommon in Victoria, or Canada generally. I liked them for the fit, being one of the few that had a skinny enough fit without fitting like girls jeans. Nudie is still pretty good because they offer quite a few different cuts and their website offers a lot of detail etc. The branding, I used to like when it was unknown. I remember wearing some slim jims a few years ago and this Swedish guy was blown away that a Canadian was wearing them.
It just seems that now days, alot of better cut, more unique jeans are accessible in Victoria.

Followers