Wednesday, October 22, 2008

American Apparel Viral Marketing


I was perusing the Sartorialist and couldn't help but notice a rather unique add by American Apparel. The outfit seen here caught my eyes as both being something I wouldn't expect to see from AA or something seen advertised on the Sarts site. After a little clicking I came to the understanding that this is part of a viral marketing campaign by American Apparel that utilizes pimping unique pieces that are a little edgier than their usual basics. What AA is doing is selling the pants/shoes as part of a limited edition that are auctioned off on ebay. They are branding the items as unique pieces as seen on the Sartorialists sight and only available through ebay. The exclusivity and associations that this campaign uses really articulates some clever marketing to establish a somewhat cult underground for these AA pieces (if it works). I don't think I have seen anything quite like this before.
If your interested in the shoes.
Or the pants.
They also have a couple outfits strictly for the ladies ;)

No comments:

Followers