Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Projects in motion

So after I decided I wanted to build a higher end road bike with campy components (a little about that progress below). I decided my italian 12 speed finelli will no longer be that useful as it existed. So i have decided it would be a worthwhile project to convert the old guy into a killer fixie.
Below are some pictures of both projects in their middle stage.
The road bike, is a repainted aluminum frame with carbon stays and an easton fork. So far I have acquired Bianchi handlebars/stem, fsa headset, campy centaur brakes, centaur crankset, mirage bottom bracket, velo ergo shifters and a chorus rear derailleur. Im looking for some decent wheels at a good price. Someone is selling some campy vento wheels, if i can get them at a good price, that would be neat; or else I think I will build up a centaur rear hub.
For the fixie. I have stripped everything off (except the rear derailleur/chain, hence the white bag). I will eventually take the crank out, re grease the bottom bracket. I have a fixed wheelset coming with a 18 sprocket cog, and ordered a 14 sprocket cog to switch up. Below are a few pictures of both projects.



No comments:

Followers